Traveling the Modern Times

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Healthy Sauteed Cabbage and Zucchini

So I love my assignments! Absolutely the happiest when I sit down to eat these amazing meals. I have had red cabbage many times before but have always cooked it in oil and usually for atleast 20 to 30 minutes. The healthy sautee version is soo good! And I threw the zucchini in after 2 minutes so I could cook them both at once and it tasted really flavorful and the flavors of the two vegetables really seemed to mesh well with each other. Not as much of a firework session as my new all time fave Kale but I do notice the change that letting the vegetables sit for 10 minutes with lemon juice on them creates. It is like you can watch the nutrients become more present as it goes from raw, to 10 minutes sitting to steamed or sauteed. And the zucchini is neat because it only take s3 minutes, no sitting required! I am anxious to get to the next dish on the list and believe me you will hear about it!

The things I am learning are the value of having the enzymes released and the nutrient walls broke down a little so that you can digest it easier. And from the dishees i have done so far I can definitely lay claim to the healthier feeling afterwrds and the way my body seems to truly lift off. I am so greatful and honored to be given this great info and having it become such an integral part of my life. Thank you SWIHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment